Saturday, October 18, 2014

Welcome to Casa Quintana!

Hello,

I can't say I am new to the blogging world. I started blogging a few years, when blogging was at its peak, as a way to keep in touch with family members. Over the years, blogging faded away and family members stopped updating their posts...me included.

Here I am again, but doing a different thing. Though I don't maintain a personal blog with family anymore, I still enjoy reading other blogs, specifically those that pertain to crafting. Not necessarily just paper and glue. Crafting, after all, means, "an activity involving skill in making things by hand."

I enjoy making several things by hand including yes, paper and glue (yes...scrapbooking), but also cooking & baking (I love collecting cookbooks), quilting (not quite an expert..yet, but I will get there), knitting & crocheting (I am a beginner, but I have nailed down making a scarf), woodworking (I make signs, and have started making furniture-with my hubby), and anything else that comes along and strikes my fancy!

There are SEVERAL other blogs quite similar to mine. I am definitely a late bloomer. Since I also love quotes, I will use the ever popular one, "Better late than never!".

I don't claim to be a professional, and I do get inspiration from different sources. They are listed to the right via those "other" blogs I mentioned. I will never have enough time in the world to make everything that inspires me, but nonetheless, my plan is to have fun and see where it takes me. If nothing else, crafting is good therapy. Right?

Welcome to Casa Quintana!

No comments:

Post a Comment